Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hamlet Act I Scene IV Questions

3. Why is Hamlet just so eager to go and see the ghost and why aren't his acquaintances following him to insure his safety (he is the prince)?
4. "It's not going to speak, so I'll follow it." I think this shows his udder disregard for his life and the present danger that could be there. This really bothers me that he would just go off with an unworldly being.
7. If I were Hamlet in this scenario I would really be hesitant to follow such a being, but in his current mindset I would feel anxious, excited, and curious about the whole situation. He is getting a chance to see his late father a chance many would relish and possibly find out what happened. This curiosity and the heat of the moment telling him what his heart meant would really decide his course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment