Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hamlet Act II Scene II

1. The is about how Hamlet has gone crazy and they are trying to figure out the root of the problem. Polonius has been called ludicrous names such as a fishmonger, so he believes Hamlet is truly crazy. His friends Rosencrantz and Guildenstern go to see Hamlet, so a surprised Hamlet lets them in on the secret that he is not really crazy. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern bring in an acting troupe, so starts the Inception (cliché) of a play within a play and Hamlet comes up with a dastardly plan to find out if Cladius really killed King Hamlet.

3. If I was Hamlet I would be very curious as to his all of a sudden popularity about the castle. People from a foreign land come to seem him. They're friends, but still it's a little suspicious. Along with Polonius a person of high nobility who kisses up to the king, why is he there? Why is everyone coming up to me? Have I really convinced this many people that I am truly crazy?

5. In this act everyone is just over encumbered by the sentiment that Hamlet has truly lost it. They are frantically trying to figure out the source of it. Some of them think that's it's his father's death. Others think that he is in love, so he has truly gone crazy, but I just don't see myself falling for this tom-foolery. It just seems a little weird to me that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment